I've always wanted to learn how to make pickles. I had heard it was easy, but I was always a little wary, due in no small part to a
very memorable episode of
The Andy Griffith Show. I figured summer vacation would provide me with enough chances to practice, so I took the pickle plunge a couple weeks ago.
Before:

After:

I don't have any idea how Aunt Bee managed to turn her cucumbers into kerosene-flavored catastrophes. I do know, however, that I'm still not entering my tasty creations in any county fairs any time soon.
3 comments:
Well, hopefully they'll turn out just fine!
They look wonderful. Are they just dill or did you add other things, too? Sometime you'll have to try Nana's really weird recipe. They're not sweet and they're not sour. It's hard to explain, but they are really good!
Sometime you mother will need to try Nana's recipe too!
Dad
Post a Comment