So, while Barley gets spooked by inanimate objects, his foxhound instincts kick in whenever he sees small furry animals. I would post a video of his reaction to this particular furry friend, but I think it may be too disturbing for our canine readers.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Barley vs. the bunny
When we first adopted Barley, Matt had high hopes of taking him bird hunting. He bought all sorts of tools that are supposed to train bird dogs, and he encouraged Barley to notice birds on our walks and trips to the dog park. Sadly, however, genetics trumped training. While Matt was trying to get Barley excited about the pigeons, Barley was obsessed with bunnies, squirrels and cats. Barley is part foxhound, and those instincts just couldn't be squelched.
So, while Barley gets spooked by inanimate objects, his foxhound instincts kick in whenever he sees small furry animals. I would post a video of his reaction to this particular furry friend, but I think it may be too disturbing for our canine readers.

I take solace in the fact that if we ever move to the hills of western Maryland, Barley will be the envy of all our squirrel-hunting neighbors.
So, while Barley gets spooked by inanimate objects, his foxhound instincts kick in whenever he sees small furry animals. I would post a video of his reaction to this particular furry friend, but I think it may be too disturbing for our canine readers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah! I expect all of Matt's early efforts in luring Barley away from his natural penchant explain why all of Barley's toys are "duckies."
Post a Comment