While scouring YouTube and other such reputable sources for up-to-date supplementary materials for my 9th graders, I discovered this story of one man's modern-day Odyssey. His goal is to visit every country in the world (and by "every country" he means the 192 U.N. member states) in a single year. The most interesting part of the journey is that he's vowed not to take any planes or cars, but to rely on public transportation and the kindness of strangers as much as possible. Hopefully, he can also avoid all Cyclopses and Sirens.
I'm just sorry I'm discovering him mid-way through his journey. Hopefully, he'll have a successful finish before we get to Homer's epic this winter.
2 comments:
Wouldn't it be cool to have a map so the kids could follow this? This is so wonderful for Homer. The guy must be very rich and very retired!
Holy exhaustion. Someday he'll have to go back and actually visit the countries he visited.
Post a Comment