Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer of Visitors

Our house has been less like a single-family home this summer and more like a bed and breakfast. It's been wonderful to entertain friends and family from across the country. Rather than compose a lengthy post for each visit, I thought I'd try to sum up each with just a couple photos. This was not an easy task.

When my college friend Andrea visited, I took her to her first Orioles baseball game (which necessitates trips to my favorite neighborhood bars):
...and she took me by the White House. After nearly four years here, I can't believe I've never walked by 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue:

When my parents and sister visited, we went to Gettysburg (no shocker there):
...and we spent a day at the beach. Okay, so we were near the beach.

When former coworkers/bestie friends Rebecca and Anna visited, we spent an evening peering into the lawn of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue from the rooftop bar of the W Hotel (can you see the sniper on that big white house behind us?):
...and we spent far too much time (though not nearly enough money) trying on nearly every shoe in my favorite store, Ma Petite Shoe:

I love how unique the experiences of each of our visitors were. I also love how living here gives us the chance to see the amazing places that surround us with a unique perspective every time someone new comes to town. The doors to our bed and breakfast are always open. Please come back soon.

4 comments:

Mike R said...

Just remember who was the first to come visit the second time! That is right it was me! Whats up now! Ben's Chili bowel is the bomb!

Rebecca said...

Mike, you will always be the best. We all live in your shadow and like it!

Anna said...

That trip was awesome! Thanks for being such a wonderful host, Rachie. And thank Mattie too.

I do wish that pair of sparkly shoes had fit me...

Rachel said...

Ben's Chili "Bowel"? That's actually quite a fitting name, Mike. :)