Sister Bernadette, the nun at work who takes care of our therapy dog, recommended this amazing product to me a few weeks ago. She said it was the best brush/deshedding tool she's ever used. Sister Bern doesn't usually lie (she took those vows, you know), so I got one for Barley.Oh...my...gosh. I filled a plastic grocery bag with his hair! And Barley isn't a long-haired dog. I had no idea there was so much hair hiding underneath his topcoat! Hopefully, this will help with his perpetual itchie-skin issues. Hopefully, it'll help with our hair-on-the-furniture issues, too!
Check out the FURminator website to see it in action! Absolutely amazing.
14 comments:
Do you think it would work on kitties?
Those dogs are sitting so pretty in their pictures, surrounded by their hair! It looks like the furminator brush probably gives the dogs a nice massage/scratch while it's being used, which is great for them.
I bought one for my long-haired cat, but I couldn't get it to work so well. I'm not sure that he liked it. I should try again though because that thing was spendy!
Yeah, they are a bit pricey. I had to try a few pet stores before I found one in stock, too. Barley really likes it, but he still tries to squirm away after a while; I can see Wally fussing a bit.
What I want to know is, what are you doing using plastic grocery bags in the first place? HMMMMMMM????
If you must know, usually I avoid disposable bags, but sometimes I just buy too many groceries or forget my cloth bags at home. When I do have to use the plastic bags, I reuse them at home or bring them back to the store's recycling bin. I never use plastic bags at Target, though, because they're a #4 plastic as opposed to #2 (i.e., not recyclable).
Does that answer your question? :)
Which one do you have? Not judging, just curious -- did you seriously spend $60 on a pet brush?
Mike and I bought a new Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vacuum in March, and we're amazed every time we vacuum how much Willow hair it picks up. (Mike actually insists on vacuuming because he likes to see the results.) It's ridiculous how much these dogs shed and how much hair they have you don't notice.
(Note that we use the vacuum on the carpet and not on the dog.)
I spent only $50 on mine. I know..."only" $50. But Barley has such itchy skin, I figured it was worth it to help ease his suffering.
I've had my eye on those Pet Hair Erasers for quite a while, too. For now, I'll stick with the FURminating (not to mention the vacuuming every other day).
If you sign up for the Petco club or whatever it's called you can get coupons! I got mine for $10 off. Thanks mom for teaching me how to bargain shop.
Amazon has kitty ones for $22 and doggie ones for about $30. I think I am going to try one.
The Petco and Petsmart mailers are like gold in our house! I usually blow the $10 coupons on Barley's food, though, since it's so expensive.
My mom, the online bargain hunter! Who knew?
Weird. Weird weird weird.
Aren't you proud of your mom and her online savvy? Who says I can't plunge into the twentieth century? :-)
Post a Comment