Most women have one great love affair. I have two.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Progress
On August 26, 1920, American women secured the right to vote:
Exactly 88 years later, on August 26, 2008:
On August 28, 1963, Martin Luther King, Jr. shared his dream with America:
Exactly 45 years later, on August 28, 2008:
4 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I'm going to be a copy editor and say that Dr. King gave his speech in 1963, not 1960. It was, interestingly enough, the day after the death of W.E.B. Du Bois.
As a former "trouble maker" from the '60's, I can truly say that when we were going through all that turmoil via Betty Freidan, Gloria Steinem, Dr. King et al., I never, in my wildest dreams, would ever believe that a woman or a black would have a snowball's chance in hell of even thinking about being president. I am SO SO glad I was alive to see this!
4 comments:
I'm going to be a copy editor and say that Dr. King gave his speech in 1963, not 1960. It was, interestingly enough, the day after the death of W.E.B. Du Bois.
You can take the girl out of The Concordian, but you can't take The Concordian out of the girl.
Thanks, Abbs - I edited it.
As a former "trouble maker" from the '60's, I can truly say that when we were going through all that turmoil via Betty Freidan, Gloria Steinem, Dr. King et al., I never, in my wildest dreams, would ever believe that a woman or a black would have a snowball's chance in hell of even thinking about being president. I am SO SO glad I was alive to see this!
What a great post. Pictures often speak louder than words~
Thanks so much for the blog visit
Post a Comment