I've been to a Tupperware party or two since then, and I walk slowly by the Tupperware kiosk at the mall, just in case. But I've never been able to find the illusive pickle-dispensing container. Until now. We finally found these Tupperware-brand containers the other day, and we snatched them up:
The most ridiculous part of all this (aside from obsessing over a pickle and/or Tupperware product for at least five years) is how much fun we've had with it! I think we have pickles at or before every meal now. We rearranged the refrigerator so the pickle dispenser could have a prime location. We made a special trip to the grocery store to buy another jar of pickles so our dispenser could be full, and we lamented when we realized that we would have to wait until it was empty before we filled it again (waitressing 101: never put new on top of old).There is a down side to all this, though. I like a good obsession to occupy my shopping trips. I like to be perpetually looking for a specific something, even if (actually, especially if) it seems unattainable. Maybe my research for a new obsession can be my new obsession for now.
4 comments:
Where did you find them? I always end up draining my pickles in a paper towel. And I cannot remember to where our old one disappeared. Those are really handy, dandy little contraptions!
I would love to see these things. Never heard of them before; perhaps that is a Michigan thing. :-)
The blogspot photo function is down right now, so I can't see the pickle thing. I am sure I know what it is, though. Is it a tall container with a drain tray with a handle inside that you pull up to easily access recently drained pickles?! If so, I LOVE those! I grew up with one, too!
If it's not that gadget, I can't wait until the photo function is up so that I can see what pickle gadget you love.
LOL - I have a friend who sells tupperware, so if you ever need a hook-up, let me know. Now I want a pickle holder thing!
For a couple of years I obsessed over one of those tupperware lettuce holders. I guess they stopped making them. My MIL found one through Pampered Chef - now we've only used it once or twice. The pickle thing would be much more fun.
Post a Comment