Saturday, August 16, 2008

November 4th is just around the corner.

If you're looking for a birthday gift for me, I think this game looks like the best thing ever. Maybe yesterday's post just has me in the mood to play around with some good (or not-so-good!) old fashioned opening sentences.

If I do get this game (I'm not sure if I can wait until November), I will play with anyone buy my mother. Sorry, Mom.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get to buy it! First dibs here! I will have to find it somewhere. And I think it would be fun to play. You know, as you get older the gray matter isn't what it once was. (hint. hint.)

Rebecca said...

Rachel, thanks for the hint, but I'll just end up forgetting your birthday anyway.

Rachel said...

I still don't think I could play against you. Remember the great Songburst massacre of '91? That was just song lyrics!

That's okay, Rebecca; I'll still love you.

Anonymous said...

But wouldn't it be fun just to sit down and see if we could figure out together what the books are?

Anna said...

You Bergs are pretty cutthroat in your game playing. I'll have to remember that. I did do pretty well at Wii bowling though...

Anonymous said...

I found the perfect book to complement this game! I am going to send it to you, Dido. It is called Reading the OED, and it sounds absolutely hilarious and entertaining. I read about it in today's Variety Book Review section.

Rachel said...

The Bergs can't hold a candle to the Scherers in the cutthroat game department. Although, I don't think any self-respecting Scherer (myself excluded) would play a game that revolves around a knowledge of books.

You could just bring the book when you visit next month, Mom!

Alicia DD Spoor said...

There is a typo there... 'but mom' not 'buy mom'. Looks like fun to me! Good luck with those subtle hints for the hubby. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, spelling queen! Shape up or ship out!!!

Rachel said...

Is this the book you read about, Mom? It does look good! http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/books/26968929.html?elr=KArksD:aDyaEP:kD:aU1ccmiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiU

Not that I don't appreciate the copy editing, but I think I'm going to leave the "buy" error in this post. It reminds me of the ancient Chinese tapestry artists who would intentionally place one flaw in each masterpiece, just to remind themselves that no human is perfect. My writing is no masterpiece, but I am human.