More "Great Moments in Olympic Announcing":
During women's gymnastics...
"You can't fall on your face and be rewarded with an Olympic medal; there's no way."
During synchronized swimming...
"Our swimmers are going to tell a narrative about light that's like a science-fiction movie. It will be so complex that I am certain most of the people watching it will not understand."
5 comments:
You actually watched sync. swimming? LOL! Oh, and with the new rules in gymnastics, you actually COULD fall on your face and still win a medal. Maybe not gold, but it could happen. ;)
I'm really enjoying these quotes! Thanks for the giggles. It's unbelievable that they actually say this stuff.
We have family friends who were WAY into synchro (they even did it in college), so I try to catch a glimpse of it every four years. Comments comparing it to a sci-fi movie probably make it seem like a less-than-credible sport, however!
Oh, Jessica. It's amazing what ridiculous things people will say! I'll keep my ears open these last few days.
The second one is the best.
That is funny. I didn't watch enough of the Olympics to hear any of these comments, so thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment