Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dear Tourmobile,


Last week, while my family was visiting from Minnesota, we purchased tickets for your “Twilight Tour” of the monuments. We arrived to the Tourmobile in plenty of time, but were surprised and disappointed when the bus was already full. As more and more frustrated people assembled on the sidewalk behind us, we all began to assume that we’d have to wait until the next night for our tour. Then, we met Larry.

Larry was to be a guide on the bus for your guests with disabilities and had no intention of leading a separate tour that evening. Without hesitation, however, Larry began to make calls and organize for a second tour bus and driver. Somehow, he managed to transform 50 hot, angry tourists into 50 happy, laughing people, all of whom were already thankful that the first bus was full.

As the evening went on, Larry continued to go out of his way for all of us. I’ve been on several Washington, D.C. tours with many visitors, but I’ve never had a guide as knowledgeable and personable as Larry. At the end of the evening, when our tour ended later than expected, he even offered to give guests a ride to the Metro instead of simply leaving them at Union Station.

When I first found out how oversold our tour was, I vowed to use another tour company with future guests. Thanks to Larry, I am a lifelong Tourmobile customer.

(Sent June 30th)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. Three cheers for Tourmobile!

carolmom said...

He was really incredible. I was rather upset because we had been standing in lines all day. Now, it seemed, there would be yet another. Larry dispelled our angst and, indeed, it was an exceptional tour. That was a very memorable evening.