Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another day, another brewery

We started today the same way we ended yesterday--at a brewery. Apparently, Pete Coors isn't the only one who know how to tap the Rockies. We had a few Dam beers, some good Dam lunch and Matt was much more pleased than he had been the night before. The Dam Brewery has even won a few (Dam) American Beer Festival Medals.

After lunch, I went to Matt's sister's bridal shower. I don't know what it is about shower games that compels me to win by any means necessary. At a bridal shower last year, for example, I stacked my "bridal bingo" card so I would be sure to win. Today, during the "match the famous couples" game, I was furiously texting people who I thought would know who Paul Newmann's wife is or who any of Elizabeth Taylor's husbands were. It's truly shameful, but it gets me through those tedious games. I make no apologies. On the plus side, I did win the "famous couples" game and took home a lovely jar-opening tool kit.

The rest of Matt's family arrived this afternoon, slowly but surely. Matt's parents witnessed a car accident, his brother's car broke down going through a mountain pass and some friends of his parents had a flat tire. A few relatives may still be stranded in Denver, and we're still not sure where Matt's brother will be sleeping tonight. Oh, and Matt and I found out today that the wedding isn't actually in Breckenridge, but in Vail.

If the devil's in the details, the Scherers have to be the saintliest people alive.

3 comments:

carolmom said...

Ever, ever an adventure. I am proud of that Peterson-Berg competitive spirit! Never say, "Die!" At least you'll never say this was a dull weekend. :)

Rebecca said...

How about some more info on that jar-opening thingamajigger?

Rachel said...

Would you believe I forgot it at the shower? All that competitive drive was for naught.