"Hi, Rachel."There really should be a support group for former dieters who become addicted to artificial products. I posted recently that I've turned to locally grown, organic produce and hormone-free dairy products, but feel guilty that I'm still holding on to old weight-loss habits--especially my Splenda dependence.
At the height of my addiction, I was pocketing handfuls of the yellow packets at restaurants, coffee shops, and even weddings! But after Barley ate an entire box of the stuff and I let myself think about how harmful artificial sweeteners can be, I really started to feel like a hypocrite. Each morning, I brew a pot of organic/free trade coffee and pour into it organic half and half (no more of the chemically fat free stuff) and Splenda. Ridiculous! So I decided to kick my habit cold-turkey.
Thank goodness for Trader Joe's! Their organic sugar is made from "100% evaporated cane juice." There are no artificial chemicals or additives to be found. And the best part is that it still has just 15 calories per teaspoon! Now I'm off the powder and on the juice--sugarcane juice, that is, and I'm loving it!
8 comments:
This is a good thing to know. Dad and I will have to hit Trader Joe's this weekend. M
You can do it! You can do it!
Hooray!! I never liked that stuff and I'm glad you're not using it anymore. Now, what about that spray butter I always see you using??? I've been concerned about that from the start.
Baby steps, Jessica. Baby steps.
In reference to your fat free creamer, it should be "chemically," not "chemicaly."
Your sweetener is no longer Splenda, and your spelling is no longer splendid.
I have no idea what you're talking about, Austin. I've always been splendid.
Ah, the ol' "go back and fix it and claim ignorance" trick. Touche. I use it often.
What? I have no idea what you're talking about, Austin.
Post a Comment