I was putzing around, half-heartedly cleaning the house, and Barley was following me everywhere. First, he was walking circles around me. Then, he started pacing around the house and he kept bumping into me and getting underfoot. I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk to work off some of his energy. He started running circles around me, and nearly knocked me down on his way to the front door.
Maybe I'm getting used to the steamy Maryland summers, but I really didn't think it was that hot outside. A certain smartypants at home told me it was 95 degrees outside when Barley and I went for our walk. Oops. No wonder the poor thing hugged the air conditioning vent when we got home:
I felt so guilty for dragging an animal with a fur coat through 95-degree heat. In my defense, Matt (said smartypants) asked Barley if he had a good walk. As soon as Barley heard "walk," he started sprinting around me again. Oh, to have boundless puppy energy, even if it is accompanied by a lack of common sense.
5 comments:
That is my grand-dog! I wonder whose side his common sense came from.
Ha! Probably the side that climbed under the neighbor's fence and got the other doggie in trouble.
That is a great photo.
This is why I have cats. When I ask them if they want to go for a walk, I usually get a look of annoyance that says "you are soooo lame...don't you KNOW how hot it is outside? And furthermore, as IF I'd be seen in public with you."
So if our pets are like children, Jessica, I'm raising a five-year-old and you have two teenagers.
Post a Comment