Right after I took this picture, a chipmunk darted in front of us into those woods. "Look how fast that chipmunk is going, even in this thin air," Matt said. He thought for a moment and said, "So do you think Colorado chipmunks are in way better shape than Maryland chipmunks?"
We were above the clouds:
"Look! Snow in July!"
When we got back to Denver, we had a couple hours to kill before going to my family's house for dinner. We tried to catch up on all the museum time we missed earlier in this trip due to our brewery visits, but, alas, the Museum of Outdoor Arts was closed:
3 comments:
So jealous! Colorado vacations are amazing. One time Linda and I went to Pagosa Springs and one of our best memories is going on a random hike in the national forest and seeing some beautiful groves of Aspens in their full fall glory. Did you guys see wildflowers by any chance?
Tell Matt that Colorado chipmunks aren't necessarily in better shape, they're just used to the thin air.
However, if a Colorado chipmunk and a Maryland chipmunk were to fight, my money would be on the Colorado chipmunk. Especially if said fight were in Colorado or an equally mountainous state.
Yeah, it was pretty amazing, Mike. Matt's sister got married at the top of a mountain in Vail...gorgeous! I love that one of your best memories of Colorado involves fall foliage. :) We saw a few wildflowers, but not too many. I guess they don't go crazy until late-July or August.
Abbs, next time Matt and I go to Colorado, I'm smuggling a Maryland chipmunk there in my suitcase.
Post a Comment